Gun Hill Brewing Co.



I started my summer tour of US breweries on Saturday, August 2nd., by going to Gun Hill Brewing Co. in the Bronx, NY. It is one of the newest breweries in New York City, having started brewing in February and officially opened on March 22nd this year. It is also extremely convenient for me, as it is just a few blocks away from my girlfriend's parents' house, where I stay when I come to the City. I was therefore morally obligated to head down there and check it out.

When I got there I found a sleek and welcoming establishment, with a big flat screen tv and another smaller one, showing both soccer and baseball.



I ordered a flight and tasted the five beers they had on offer: the Pomegranate Wheat, Schuylers Wheat, Gold, Gun Hill IPA and finally the Void of Light Stout.

I especially enjoyed the Gold, a Blonde Ale with a wonderful flavor and quite crisp, the Stout, very easy to drink but quite tasty regardless... and of course, the IPA. 


I had originally planned to get back home right after that flight, but the Gold and the Stout made such an impression on my girlfriend and I, that we decided to have a pint more of each... not to mention the Real Madrid and Yankees games were still mildly contested at that point. We had just enough time to finish our pints before both teams crashed and burned and we left, but we are definitely going back again to see what games are on... and, of course, see what these guys can concoct in the next few days, coz the Bronx's second brewery is definitely promising.

Comments