Mr. Beer Weissbier

Mr Beer's Bavarian Weissbier hopped malt extract

I have been brewing faster than I can write lately. Granted, this does not say anything too good about my writing, but it does conversely mean I'm getting plenty of practice... or doing plenty of drinking, you know, potatoe, potato.

This month of March, after a week or so of temperatures in the mid twenties (celsius, some 70ºF), I decided to try my hand at a weissbier. Considering my limited homebrewing experience, I kept it simple and did not really alter the Mr. Beer recipe, other than to add my trusty booster.

The result is not bad at all. My weissbier has a nice full head, a hazy blonde to pale amber color and an impressively strong smell of clove and banana. The taste is also pretty good. Smooth, banana-ey and extremely easy to drink. 

The booster has no doubt helped the body along significantly, something good as otherwise my homebrew wheat beer could've wound up being too translucent and watery. However, it may have also given it

Comments