Lexington Avenue Brewery



Today I am going to write about the second brewery I visited during my summer road trip around the Southeast of the United States, the Lexington Avenue Brewery (LAB) in Asheville, North Carolina.

Unlike my first post on Heist Brewery, this post will be slightly short. This is because I did not really get a chance to talk to the owner or the brewmaster here, but actually went there for dinner. Thanks to our extremely nice waitress, who took the time to show us around in the middle of dinner service, though, I did get the chance to see the brewing facilities and learn a little about the brewery.

LAB is located in (you got it) Lexington Avenue in downtown Asheville, one of the quaintest streets in town. It has a big front patio and a very spacious inside space, all of it housing the brewing facilities, lunch and dining area, and even a concert area. I did not have the oportunity to see one of the concerts they hold there, but I did get to enjoy the rest.



As I said, I went there for dinner with my girlfriend and what a dinner it was. We had the beef sliders with truffled fries, the fried green tomato caprese and the old world pretzels, and we both agreed that it was the first meal in a long time where we absolutely loved (not enjoyed or liked, loved) every single dish we ordered. We could not find a single fault.

This was already impressive, but LAB would not have made its way into this blog if the beers did not follow suit. After all, this is a beer blog, not a food one.

LAB has had three different brewmasters in the three to four years it has been open, but between what I had been seeing in prior comments on Yelp and what I enjoyed myself when I went, the beer quality has not suffered at all.



I will dedicate a separate post to the outstanding Heffe LAB which I had but I will say here that the Razzberry Stout my girlfriend ordered was simply fantastic. It had the roasty chocolate and coffee-like taste and smell of the stouts, but with a sweet raspberry flavor as it comes in which nevertheless did not absolutely erase the final bitterness which I tend to enjoy in stouts and other beers.

All in all, LAB was one of the most pleasant discoveries of my summer, hands down.

Comments