Fábrica Maravillas Triple II

FÁBRICA MARAVILLAS TRIPLE II





Origin: Spain
Type: Abbey style beer
Color: Dark yellow/Sand
Alcohol content: 7.4%
Recommended serving temperature: 10ºC/50ºF
Brewery: Fábrica Maravillas
Webpage: http://fabricamaravillas.es/

Much like the Saison Pera from the same brewery, I first tried this beer in the Feria de Alimentos de Madrid y Cerveza Artesanal 2012, in the Cámara Agraria of Madrid and it really impressed me right off the bat.

The Triple II is a dark yellow or sand colored abbey style beer. It possesses an average to low amount of foam, which, on top of that is also a bit less poignant than many other abbey style beers, especially the Belgian ones. This makes it easier to drink in ginormous gulps, even with a full stomach. 

Now this can be good or bad. It is good, obviously, because you can drink it at any moment of the day and in large amounts, but it is bad because you can drink it in large amounts and without the gas serving as a natural brake to your impulse. That's why when I drink this beer (especially this one, although I must confess it is something I randomly think about sometimes when drinking many a beers, or in general any kind of alcohol) I am reminded of Uncle Ben's warning to Peter Parker in Spiderman, when he says that with great power comes great responsibility. This beer has the great power (which it gives to you when you pick it up) to get you nice and refreshed, relaxed, happy, drunk, or whatever you prefer, but it is your responsibility to control yourself when it makes it hardest.

This feeling of it being hard to control oneself and own up to one's responsibilities is increased further by its soft and delicious taste.

It has a citrusy and herby taste blended in a soft and creamy feel, given by the orange, cilantro and vanilla added to it as ingredients. Also, because of the honey that is used as well in its brewing, it is hardly bitter at all, but more sweet and, as I have already said but I feel I should insist, soft.

Before I go any further with this post, I must make a small confession: The Triple II I tried and bought at the Feria de Alimentos de Madrid y Cerveza Artesanal 2012 is no longer available. Yes, again I do this. The Fábrica Maravillas still brews a Triple, but which I have not been able to try and therefore cannot confirm it has exactly the same taste. I can say though, that the present one is brewed with Pilsner, Aromatic, Biscuit and Wheat malts and Fuggle and Saaz hops and has a 9%ABV, while the one I bought had 7.4%. I will therefore dedicate my efforts during the next few weeks to finding and trying the new one and will update this post accordingly. Stay tuned.

Comments